Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

01 December, 2014

Please Join Me for The Scoop #147

 Hi and welcome to The Scoop! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know I did. And...with Thanksgiving now over, I can finally concentrate on Christmas. Call me old-fashioned, but I have to let my favorite holiday get all of the time it deserves before I move on. So in the next few weeks I will finally share my Christmas décor and projects! 


And for starters, I am really excited because it's time for our Country French Design Group's monthly share...and this time the topic is Christmas! So I have put together some tips for adding that Country French flavor to your Christmas décor. You can check them out here. I love the way the warm, sunny colors of Provence just lend themselves to the holiday season!
And now...I can't wait to see what you have to share!


Welcome back to The Scoop!
The weekly party featuring the scoop on the best from around the web!


We are 
Yvonne from StoneGable
and Suzy from Worthing Court

Our host this week is...



Suzy from Worthing Court

I've gotten so tired of unpacking and organizing at our new house, that I decided to take some time to add some pretty using a great score from the Salvation Army.  I guess you can say that I did some organizing too, since it includes a great way for me to store table linens in my kitchen.  I'm trying to force myself to go slowly when it comes to decorating this house.  I keep telling myself that it's all about the journey and that I'll be happier in the end if I don't just throw things together, but that it so hard for me.  Do you struggle like that?


Use a dresser in the kitchen or dining room to store kitchen and table linens. Make a great space to display favorite pretties too.
  
My Christmas decorating will likely be sparse this year since we're still getting settled.  I'm enjoying watching what everyone else is doing, though.  


Chrismtas vignette

Now let me show you a few things that caught my eye from last week's party.

Stacey from Poofing the Pillows channeled her inner Chip and Joanna when she added planks above her fireplace.  
Adding faux shiplap planks above a mantel

Julie from Lilacs & Longhorns made an adorable advent calendar.  

DIY Advent Calendar

Laura from The Turquoise Home shares her tutorial for making a pretty garland from scrapbook paper.  The pendants are dipped in glitter!

How to make a scrapbook paper Christmas garland

Virginia from Fynes Designs shared her oh-so-pretty hutch all decorated for Christmas.  She has a great tip for changing up an ornament, too.

Pretty Christmas hutch

Jessica from Lou Lou Girls shared a wonderful recipe that sounds yummy and would make a terrific gift.

Recipe for Chewy Salted Caramels Dipped in Dark Chocolate

Thank you to everyone for taking time out of your busy schedule this time of year to link up and visit!  YOU are what makes this party such a success.

Now let’s see what you have to share!

Thank you for linking up, friends!
Please read the guidelines before participating:
  • Follow and/or subscribe to your host blog.
  • Be sure to include THE SCOOP button or text link to in your linked post...mandatory to be featured!
  • By linking up you are agreeing that the photos are yours or that you have permission to use them, that we may use those photos to feature your project on a blog post, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter with a link back to your blog, of course.
  • Please go to the source of a photo to pin it to Pinterest so that the originator of the post gets the credit.








Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, this is a terrific party - so many good things.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting, Debbie. I look forward to enjoying my hot chocolate and visiting some of the links. It's a good way to take a break from my evening Christmas decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful features! Thanks for hosting.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello cute lady! it is always a pleasure to be a part of your party. Thank you for hosting. Please join us at our party. We would be thrilled to have you! Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie