Click to Visit These Popular Posts

CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT DIY Spring Tulip WreathCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Pottery Barn Inspired Nest Place Card HoldersCONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Farmhouse Spring Porch 6CONFESSIONS OF A PLATE ADDICT Easy Flower Pot Wreath

14 March, 2018

Easy Chalkboard Bunny Place Cards

I've got a super fun and easy project for you that's guaranteed to get everyone's attention at your Easter or spring table...my chalkboard bunny place cards! And...they also serve as napkin rings, too! Add them to your Easter brunch or to a less-formal Easter tablescape for the perfect bit of whimsy!



I love the way this little touch of black stands out with pale blue napkins and pops alongside a touch of orange...not your usual idea of a spring color combination! Use white plates as a background and it's perfect!

Best of all, they are so easy that I can hardly call it a tutorial! I found these fun wooden bunny ornaments at Walmart along with the spray chalkboard paint. Simply coat the ornaments with three or so coats of paint, letting dry in between. Be sure to paint both sides and cover the edges as well. You can relax and enjoy this project because chalkboard paint is almost fail safe!

And...taaa daaa!...here's the finished project! And here's a tip from a retired school teacher...before you write your names, scribble a little with the chalk and then erase. I just used a paper towel. The chalk seems to adhere better and it gives it a little shabby touch as well.

Now thread a length of jute twine, wrap it around your napkin and tie with a bow. I knotted the ends to keep it from raveling.

Add it to your Easter tablescape and wait for the compliments! Could it get any easier? And stay tuned because I have a few more easy tricks up my sleeve!

Remember to pin it!






Also find me at…
Facebook Pinterest Twitter Hometalk Subscribe Email
Enter your email to have Plate Addict's blog posts delivered Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. I love that - right up my alley! I need to get on over to Wal-Mart before all the bunnies hop out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it and sooooo cute and easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute and clever, and they double as napkin rings and take home favor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie,
    Too cute and super easy! You have the best projects!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to comment! I appreciate my wonderful readers!... Debbie